Re: Couple more questions related to National Tour event

To: vtluu@vtluu.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Couple more questions related to National Tour event
From: Jim Ochi <jim_ochi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:19:47 -0700
At 11:03 AM 4/26/2004, vtluu@vtluu.net wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>I had a couple more questions pertaining to this weekend's event:
>- On the SCCA's event page the schedule says "Registration and Tech - Please
>bring your current driver's license, SCCA membership card, and Solo
>rulebook"--
>does that mean I need a rulebook? If so, will I be able to buy one there?

Yes, it means that you need a rule book.  I know we have a box of rule
books in the motorhome, since they've been for sale at registration at
every event we've had since around February - you might be able to chase
down Bryan Nemy and buy one on Friday before you register.  Or maybe Vic
will have them for sale during practice on Friday, if you ask him nicely.

>- Does anybody know decent carwash place in the Atwater/Merced area? My car
>gets totally bug-splattered (yuck!) on the drive there and I'd like it clean
>so I can snap some photos.

There are a number of coin-op do-it-yourself carwash places in Atwater and
Merced - I know there are a few down near the Train Motel (Applegate Inn)
in Atwater, and another in downtown Merced, near the Branding Iron
restaurant (around 15th and V?).  I basically found them just by driving
around on the way to dinner.  If you're looking for a full-serve car wash,
you're on your own...

Jim