Re: Unofficial Noob Guide to National Events

To: "Thana, Peter {HTS~Palo Alto}" <peter.thana@ROCHE.COM>
Subject: Re: Unofficial Noob Guide to National Events
From: Yeoh Yiu <squid@panix.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2004 17:19:43 -0400
"Thana, Peter {HTS~Palo Alto}" <peter.thana@ROCHE.COM> writes:

> Hey guys,
>
> For those doing your first ProSolo or National Tour, I thought I'd write
> an incomplete guide of things to expect.  Don't be intimidated by these
> events- they are a lot of fun and all these changes are quite minor.
>
> Disclaimer: Some of the specific info may be outdated, feel free to
> correct me and be sure to read the supps when you register for important
> info.
>
> Event schedule/format:
>
> -Friday is set aside for registration, tech, and practice course (Tour)
> or practice starts (Pro).  In addition the weekend courses will be setup
> by afternoon and you can walk them until your feet bleed.  As I
> mentioned, it is highly recommended to arrive Friday.
> -If you've never done a Pro or drag racing, practice starts are a great
> way to learn the procedure and learn how best to launch your car so you
> won't be intimidated come Saturday.

Pro has no standard drivers' meeting but has a novice drivers' meeting
that may be near the time of the practice starts, or before worker checkin
on Saturday.  At this meeting you can cover the grid/pre-staging/staging/
start/drive/ where-do-I-return-to ? issues that make the Pro appear
complicated at first.