Wheel Repair

To: "'pr0file@pacbell.net'" <pr0file@pacbell.net>
Subject: Wheel Repair
From: "Runnion, Ed" <Ed_Runnion@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 13:23:14 -0800
>I have a crack in one of my street wheels and was wondering if anyone
>knew of any place (preferably in the south Bay) that fixes alloy wheels.
>I know there was a posting a while back, but I didn't need it at the
>time. Prices or estimates would be nice, also :) Thanks!

Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara can do this, if the wheel is not beyond
saving (depends where the crack is and how bad it is).   Expect to pay about
$100/wheel.

http://www.wheeltechniques.com/

That said, it might be cheaper to just get a good used wheel especially if
this is an OEM wheel (and thus you can usually find folks selling them DIRT
cheap).

For example, in the WRX world locally the "going rate" for a set of 4 stock
wheels in great condition with great/new condition tires is about
$300....drop that to $200-225 if the tires are shot.   When you factor in
selling off what you don't need (i.e. selling three wheels individually
MIGHT pay for ALL of buying a "set" of 4 and thus you get this "fixed" for
FREE), this might be the cheaper route to go.

Ed