Re: ba-autox-digest V1 #1147

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ba-autox-digest V1 #1147
From: "Josh Sirota" <josh@sirota.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:09:16 -0800
Eric asked:
> This question is for Josh S. ( M Coupe expert ) and other experts also.
> Right now, I have a 10 mm spacer up front, running 255/40/17s, no spacer
in
> the back, and running 275/40/17s. Victoracer.
>
> If I get a H&R 30 mm bolt-on spacer for the front, will I be able to run
> 275/40/17s in front? or go as much as 315/35/17 for the front? I know the
fenders
> don't have that much to be rolled, but can I add on? I think I can take on
> 315/40/17 in the back without spacers.
>
> I have the Koni coilovers from Ground Control, with the 10 mm spacer and
> 255/40/17 in the front, I don't rub, but I don't have much more space.
>
> I am curious as to whether it can be done.

You know, I really don't know the answer.  I never tried anything so
aggressive.  I would guess that you will need to do some fender cutting in
the front.

If you want the real answer, you should ask Bill Lamkin.  He's the guy who
has run an M Roadster with 285s at all four corners in ASP for the last two
years at Nationals.  He's out of Boulder, CO, and uses Bimmerhaus as his
shop (incidentally, he's also the guy who wrote the first versions of the
SCCA's current T&S software, and also bought my first Formula Ford from me
... so say hi.)

I believe his e-mail address is blamkin@rovingplanet.com.

Josh