Re: Sunday's turnout

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sunday's turnout
From: Andrew Phan <andy_phan@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:21:26 -0700
At 04:27 PM 7/1/2003 -0700, Jim Ochi wrote:
>Nope, this wasn't a Boondoggle event.  It was a mid-season Candlestick
>event - I think it was round 5, 2000.  If I remember correctly, it was a
>long, 70-80+ second course.  I think there were some problems during the
>day, slow worker changeovers, some overlap issues (was there a crossover
>or something that slowed the overlap?  I forgot...), rookie event chairs,
>lots of reruns, etc.  All of which added up to a behind-schedule event...

I remember this event quite well as it was my very first foray into
autocrossing.  It was at Candlestick Park.  May 20, 2000 was the actual
date, IIRC.  TTOD was around 75 seconds.  I was lucky enough to have run in
the morning with 4 runs.  I had a friend that ran in the afternoon run
groups, and I recall he didn't get home until well after sundown.  I have a
pic of the course map.  Hopefully, attachments are allowed.

--Andrew Phan
'99 Miata 10AE
CS #27

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
P5200658.jpg"; x-mac-type="4A504547"; x-mac-creator="4A565752]