RE: the key west box

To: "Escano, Arnold (MP)" <aescano@guidant.com>,
Subject: RE: the key west box
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:04:10 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net

"> If u never see that type of setup in a Road Course it's not worth using
> it...
> no one would learn anything....unless it's WRC driving course
> arnold

Not sure about that - when's the last time you saw a slalom on a road
course?  Or should we just call them multiple chicanes?  ;)

KeS"

On a road course, the "slalom" is called the "esses." At Sears Point they
are the downhill Turns 8, 9, and 10.
        Neither Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, Willow Springs, Portland, Int'l,
Seattle/Pacifdic Raceway at Kent, nor Buttonwillow have an equivalent.
Although I suppose Laguna's "corkscrew" is sort of a slalom, "S" turn.
        The only other "esses" I ever saw was the original Golden Gate Park
in San Francisco.

--John Kelly