Re: Driving at GGF

To: Dan4223w@aol.com
Subject: Re: Driving at GGF
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:47:39 -0700
Fortunately for you, the event next weekend is at Candlestick (don't
go to the wrong place!).  In fact, there are no more GGF events on the
schedule until July.

The trick at GGF is to never get off the clean line, even a little
bit.  The difference in grip is huge.  And use tires with tread: full
tread Victoracers work pretty well there.  Full tread ECSTAs work not
quite so well.  I've heard Azenis are excellent at GGF and I know from
experience that Bridgestone S-03s work great.  If all you've got are
Hoosiers, just run your street tires!

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94