Re: Rally Reality TV show

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rally Reality TV show
From: "Eric Larsen" <mtheluji@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 12:45:06 -0800
Yeah, they were casting for this show about the same time last year.  I
signed up and filled out all the forms and whatnot by the first deadline.
They replied with something along the lines of "You were not selected for
this season, so we'll cut you a break on the cost of next season's entry
fee."  A few weeks after that they sent me another email saying I had been
selected for the next round of selection.  Long story short, they kept
sending me emails saying I had advanced to the final 100 selectees.  I would
have sent them the video 'n 8x10 they were asking for, but by that time I
was unable to take the time off from work and had lost interest in the show.
If this season is anything like last season and you can take a couple weeks
off from work, it would be worth the entry fee.

My $0.02

-Eric

> I remember seeing this posted many months ago.  I remember being
> suspicious of this specific statement: "You will experience the life
> of a Professional Race Car Driver even down to the catered meals,
> massages, personal trainers and superstar treatment."  Does anyone
> remember what the "entry deadline" was the last time this went around?
> It's currently listed as March 31, 2003.  It seems like they don't
> generally advertise for these things nearly a year in advance...
>
> On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 07:45:27PM -0000, Darren Madams wrote:
> > I think this is from the same people that did the MTV "So you want to be
a racecar driver"-type show, "Fast Enuff"?   I never got to see that one,
but it sounded reasonable.

> > http://www.rallyracer.com/home.html
> >
> > You can sign up for this "casting" for the low low price of $12.  Buyer
beware if you send them your money, but it would be interesting to see an
autocrosser get onto it.  I might give it a shot.