Re: who wants to win a trophy at nationals this year?

To: James Creasy <james@thevenom.net>
Subject: Re: who wants to win a trophy at nationals this year?
From: Jesus Villarreal <jesvilla@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 10:12:50 -0800
James Creasy wrote:

> we will be running slicks to limit of the rules, rest assured.  basically i
>keep getting told that nationals
> is a big scary place and i cant count on doing very well.
>
> -james

Sorry, I didn't want ot imply that it's a big scary place, It really is
just another autocross. I _did_ want to state that it is a very
competitive event. Many people go there and do very well on their first
trip, and You and David can probably do so also. The other purpose of my
message was to make sure that neither of you went there to compete in AP
on DOT's, and you have stated that you are not planning that.

Having said that, forget OSP, and put the slicks on your car now!! And
start prepping for Nationals, with the suspension changes that you plan
to run. It may take a while before you get used to the new setup, then,
just drive the car and see what adjustments you need to make to make it
feel more comfortable, because, if you don't trust the car, it will be
hard to push it the little bit extra that will be needed at Nationals.

Basically, you need to make the two best runs of the year in Sept., one
on each course. If you can do that, then you will do very well.

Repeat as often as you can: ;^)))

It's just another autocross.

Jesus