Re: AutoX $$ % of SFR Re: AutoX % of SFR?

To: Todd Stiers <tas@darthracing.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: AutoX $$ % of SFR Re: AutoX % of SFR?
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:41:06 -0700
Todd,
    The dues money ($70) is split between national and SFR, with SFR getting
$25, and national $50. (or that was the way it was 10 years ago) The $25 per
member barely covers the production and mailing of The Wheel. All of SFR's
racing costs are covered by entry fees and various sponsor income, while all
of SFR autocross costs are covered by the entry fees. The autocross funds
are in separate accounts and managed by Solo 2ers, as is true of the road
racing funds, managed by racers. :) Solo 2ers must be careful that whomever
they elect to the Regional Board of Directors will allow this setup to
continue. Solo 2ers don't ask the Region for $$, and the road racers don't
ask Solo 2ers for $$. It's fair.
    I don't know if anyone really knows how much of the dues money is from
Solo 2ers, workers, or racers. It kind of depends on which box you checked
on your membership renewal or application form. There are a bunch of little
boxes. And, of course, there are members who have dual interests, or even
triple interests...
--Pat Kelly