question: high temperature hose

To: "Autocross" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: question: high temperature hose
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:55:00 -0700
I have an engineering / tech question, maybe somebody out there can help
me out.

When I swapped the headers in my car, I had to fabricate a connector for
the air injection hose that plugs into the header. To do this I used a
piece of "high temperature" flexible hose, about 6" long with a 1/2"
inner diameter.

It turns out this hose isn't as high temperature as I would like. It is
slowly deteriorating due to the heat. So I'm wondering where is a good
place to get flexible hose that can handle these high temperatures?

The hose does NOT carry hot exhaust gases. It is only routing fresh air
into the header. It's getting hot because it's connected to a copper
hose that is plugged into the header.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Michael R. Clements
mrclem@telocity.com
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who
don't.