Re: Regional and National autocrossers

To: "Jake Hodges" <jake@codeworm.com>, "James Creasy"
Subject: Re: Regional and National autocrossers
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:19:54 -0400

Message text written by "James Creasy"

"> You can't just show up at one (or 17) event(s) in your anemic 3400lb
base
> model Prelude and hope to finish in an emotionally satisfying spot in any
> class.

dont tell that to Ric Quinonez.  i dont know if it was a base model or not
but i remember some Integra Type-R drivers getting upset when he showed up
in a prelude a few years ago and did pretty well.

-james c
OSP - Often Seen Practicing"

Because Ric Quinonez lives in Fresno, he doesn't often travel to the SF Bay
Area. Ric's experience goes back quite a few years and includes a number of
Nationals. I recall when his Cosworth Vega crapped out 20 years ago at the
1982 Solo II Nationals and I loaned him our Lotus 7A to complete his runs
in D Prepared. We had to make up a second set of his numbers out of bits
and pieces as Chicago Region was using a system which required each driver
to have their own personal four-digit number. Quinonez has a lot of
experience and has run in 11 Nationals, most in the '80s. His best finishes
were second places in E Stock in 1980 and second in CP in 1984.
        He was 6th in G Stock at the 2000 Nationals.

--John Kelly