RE: good muffler shop?

To: "'Joe Newman'" <newmanjt3@yahoo.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: good muffler shop?
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:12:51 -0700
Emanuel's Mufflers in Alameda made a custom exhaust for my '95 RX-7, a
single 60mm straight pipe. He built it with smooth, unpinched bends
though I doubt they were true "mandrel" bends. However, the car put out
more power with his pipe, it never gave me any problems, and he did the
work on time and for a reasonable price. It was FAR cheaper than a
pre-built aftermarket exhaust and provided the same or greater power
gains without the "rice boy" muffler look. I was happy with his work and
would recommend him to anybody.