Another Idea - Name Shame by the Media (Re: Radical, Original

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Idea - Name Shame by the Media (Re: Radical, Original
From: Todd Stiers <tas@darthracing.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 09:33:34 -0700
Another idea regarding imposing "fairness" is to include longer
"disclaimers" when listing drivers and their cars.

Already in my AutoX magazine reading, drivers are always listed with
their class,car model and year as some sort entire "name". SO why not
extend this to include the controversial specialty equipment onboard the
car *ESPECIALLY* in the "stock" classes.

Sample:
Jake, 92 Honda-Del Sol, H-Stock (Hoosier Stick-O-Matic Rubber, Super
Duper Koni 8-way adjustables, big huge chrome exhaust tip and Neuspeed
cupholder)

vs

Jake, 92 Honda-Del Sol, H-Stock: Generic Sears tires, original shocks
with 80k on them

This approach would help force new classification or indexing for
"stock" by putting the reality of the situation out on the table,
perhaps shaming some and providing shopping list material for others...

-Todd

PS: response to below:

The point IS you bring a car, share a car but within a
class. Its like a "classed" pot-luck. No sane person would dump money
into shocks/rubber or bring a Porsche unless they felt they could get a
similar vehicle in exchange.

The point I was attempting to make is that as long as drivers
are tied to their own cars, autox (like life) won't be fair.