RE: new site

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: new site
From: Randy Noll <rnoll98@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 19:11:42 -0700 (PDT)
The site that I believe PCA is using is absolutely stellar, flat,
smooth concrete. Though not overly wide, it's probably long enough to
launch a plane (500-700 yards?) and has another strip, though slightly
less savory, running perpendicular to it at one end. I went down to
check it out last time I was unemployed ;)

You could probably build a 2:00+ course on the two pieces, I doubt we'd
have enough workers to cover it all. I doubt PCA is getting both
pieces, or even all of the first. Even then it would still be a great
site. It's only drawback is that it's long and thin, reminiscent of
Mather but much longer and wider, and a true rectangle rather than a
strip with fingers. The water on one side is kinda sketchy, maybe 15'
down with only a curb and no rail, making the useable space more
narrow.

I think the other site is the lot near the museum. It's asphalt, kinda
like the Coliseum, and about the same size, maybe a little smaller.
There are plenty of poles, though a safe course could easily be built.
Not nearly as nice as the concrete... *drool*

Let's hope PCA gives them a good showing and they continue to warm up
to autocross.

randy

http://health.yahoo.com