RE: ESP Camaro for sale x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Subject: RE: ESP Camaro for sale x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 16:33:21 -0700
In message <000001c21bd3$1380c210$611ea8c0@actional.com>,
"Michael R. Clements" writes:

>A friend of mine is looking for a place to do the 120k mile service on
>his '91 Miata. Includes changing the timing belt & water pump. The
>dealer/stealer wants 1 kilobuck for the full service. He would greatly
>appreciate any advice for a shop that does good work, so he can compare
>prices. This is near Mountain View.

The sort of canonical Miata shop is PR Motorsports in Hayward.
They are very professional, fairly friendly, support the local Miata
club, and seem to do good work[*].  They aren't particularly cheap,
but I'll wager that they'll do it for less than $1K.  Yeeesh!

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net

[*]  Alas, they don't appear to own a torque wrench -- after having them
     change the oil, the next time I went to change it, I practically
     needed my breaker bar to get the oil drain plug loose...