Re: I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!

To: Pat Kelly <lollipop487@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!
From: "Allendorfer, Mike" <mwa96imp@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 19:38:27 -0700
uh.. Kevin.  Actually, more ov a step sideways than you realize.  The
Optispark is really a big, old, rather crude distributor, with a shutter
wheel and pickup inside.  Being driven off the proper end of the cam was its
only advantage, along w/ eliminating the need for a crank position sensor as
a separate device.  Dumbest thing in the world when grampa's Buick had true
distrbutorless ignition w/ coil packs in 1985 and Chevy came up w/ that
stupid thing for what, '92?
Mike Allendorfer
96 Impala SS (the taxi cab)