Re: UCD Formula SAE

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: UCD Formula SAE
From: iagreen@ucdavis.edu
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 14:02:42 -0700 (PDT)
> Actually, I remember there were even women on the SAE team.
>
> They were quite popular one would/could assume. Ian, you just need
> to work on your recruiting criteria.
>
> -Todd

Yes but keeping people on track during the year is hard enough without
distractions from within the group!

J/K actually there are some of the best engineering on our car came from
some of the girls on our team. Two of the five hardest working team
members were girls.

We just didn't recruit them for non engineering positions like many
schools do. I guess since were from california were a little more in tune
with the whole equallity thing. Funny story, last year at the future truck
(HEV) competition I got in the interesting conversation with the girl on
Cornells future truck team about her self apoiinted roll as "Team Mom".

Ian Green
Team Leader
Formula SAE
University of California, Davis