Re: Tour Entry Update

To: andrewmckee@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Tour Entry Update
From: jeff@Winchell.Com
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:24:49 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 29 April 2002, Andy McKee wrote

> Well, if you look at the Atwater Tour entry list the SCCA website, you'll see
> that we're only at 145 entries.
>
> http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2002/atwater/entry.html
>
> The National office is still processing the forms from the last couple days,
> but that should only raise the number to 175 or so. On the current entry list,
> it looks like maybe 50 or so Bay Area people are willing to make the "trek" to
> Atwater.  I guess more people would rather run a local event at Stockton than
> compete against fellow autoxers from Washington, Oregon, SoCal, Arizona,
> Colorado, etc. on a large concrete site in Atwater.

> I'm trying not to be too negative in this post, but it's just a little
> embarrassing to be a "Jumbo" region with 340 entrant local events, yet not be
> able to have good attendance at a Tour or Divisional when it's a couple hours
> away.  I wouldn't expect every one to be able to make it, but that is usually
> offset by the number of people from other regions who drive anywhere from 6-16
> hours to make the event.

As a comparison, this year's San Diego National Tour had 300+ entrants and
Seattle NT's
avg about 250-300 entrants.

And while it looks like San Francisco region won't be outnumbered by the NW
Region as a
whole, seems to me some SFR DSP members were excited about dominating the SD NT
and yet so
far they are outnumbered by NWR entrants at home.

Just a little friendly rivalry to spark attendence...

http://www.seedwiki.com/page.cfm?doc=NW_vs_SFR&wikiid=499