Re: Waiver Requirement

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Waiver Requirement
From: Toy4speed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 01:44:45 EDT
Thanks Ellen.  That's why I'd like some clarification on the minor on site
restrictions.
Looking at the rulebook, section 1.4 "Event Operating Rules"  it states:
"In accordance with SCCA insurance guidelines, non-competing participants
under the age of majority in the state in which the event is being conducted,
must have a completed Minor Release and Waiver of Liability and Indemnity on
file with the registrar/region. ....Minors may not attend non-spectator
events without a properly completed waiver..."

Looks like Ellen's interpretation is correct.  If our autox events are
"non-spectator" and I believe the definition indicates that, then we should
turn away any minors if they don't have a parent waiver completed ?  This is
also if they are just in the parking lot ?  (of course by the rules they are
not allowed anywhere else).

So the Boy Scouts unfortunately can't attend the event as minors, but I've
seen plenty of kids visiting events.  How should we handle this ??

Don