RE: Time Trial at Thunderhill

To: "James Creasy" <black94pgt@pacbell.net>,
Subject: RE: Time Trial at Thunderhill
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:59:41 -0800
Absolutely. Especially with brake pads -- energy is proportional to the square
of velocity. One instance of hard braking from 100 mph, is far more wear on
the brakes than two instances from 50 mph. So you can brake all day at
autocross speeds yet still not get the wear & tear that you'll get with one or
two decelerations from triple digit speeds.