Re: Rules regarding stock stuff..

To: Jake Hodges <jake_hodges@hotmail.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rules regarding stock stuff..
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 23:49:13 -0700
Jake,

Ken has the correct strict interpretation of the rules but, James' position
is not unreasonable for local events although, in the extreem, it could get
you protested/disqualified. Also remember, even in the event of a protest,
dis-qualification is not a sure thing either. Depends on a lot of things,
including if is determined to be a performance advantage, like would a short
person also benefit from the mod. Seems like the weight advantage and lower
CG of a shorter/smaller person would be a greater advantage that the "weight
reduction" of a roof hole. Take a risk with James' advice.

Also, there might be alternatives. In my case (96 Corvette), I replaced the
solid head-lined roof panel with a factory-optional clear panel , which
created about a half inch more head room. Additionally, I replaced my Bell
Magnum helmet with a M-snell approved model that was an additional half inch
shorter.

        Don