Tire Questions

To: "BayArea Team.Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire Questions
From: "Debbie Cunningham" <bartsmom@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:22:55 -0700
Right now I am running on Yokohama Advan-032R tires (Thanks again Eric!!).
The rears are 205/55/16's (still in pretty good shape).  The fronts, which are
getting pretty low on tread (;-), are 225/50/16's.

I just purchased some used R-1's and lighter rims.  They have quite a bit of
tread left and are 205/55/16's all the way around.

It is my understanding that the Yokohama's are "rain race tires" and that they
don't take very well to hot, dry conditions?  Is that so?  Should I throw the
R-1's on there for Golden Gate Fields in Albany on Sunday and the rest of the
warm weather?  And save the Yoko's for the Slush Series?

Also, my stock sized Dunlop WP-10's (street tires) measure 215/55/16.  How
much of a difference does the smaller width of the R-1's really make?  Any
ideas??

Thanks for any feedback!!

Debbie
'95 Eagle Talon TSi AWD