RE: renting a car with a manual tranny

To: "'Larrybsp@aol.com'" <Larrybsp@aol.com>, boris@elpiner.net
Subject: RE: renting a car with a manual tranny
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:03:30 -0700
Larry Stark writes...

>You are a very brave man or you have lost
>your senses. Maintaining a relationship and teaching your girl
>friend to
>drive a stick shift car is a very risky proposition! As you bounce
>down the street, grinding gears and stalling be prepared for pent up
>frustrations to come at you hot and heavy. Advice from some one
>who's been there.

Boris, Larry is right. I've even tried teaching FRIENDS how to drive a stick
shift. They are no longer my friends. I still hate them. In fact, why my
parents still talk to me, I have no idea.

On the other hand, working in your favor is that you're looking for a
rent-a-car. Watching anyone you know and love dismantle your gear box as you
sit powerless in the passenger seat is enough to drive most anyone over the
brink. That's why I learned on those press cars that my folks would get for
a week. The Merkur was one of the easier cars, as was the second generation
RX-7.

I think James' friend might have an '82 Accord available.

Katie Kelly