Re: August 19

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: August 19
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 08:45:07 -0700 (PDT)
If any of you wish to simply autocross on August 19
[rather than subsidize your superiors, Rich?], we will
be running a normal event in Marina. No special
treatment for anyone. Expect 4 runs of 1 minute on all
concrete surface [Kansas should be such good
surface!], and funruns for all that will help clean
up. The police are through with their little
celebration and ought to be back to harrassing the
populace on the highways and holding procedural
debates with Ken. 8-)

I went to Nationals once, even finished lots better
than 27th! It was WAY overrated to me and I have zero
interest in returning to that game. Too far, too
expensive, too hot, way too windy, and most of my
local "friends" had turned into fools or strangers in
the "exotic" environment of Kansas! What ever is that
all about?????
What, me speak treason?
For those who like it, great, have at it. For the rest
of us, why do we have to be so inundated about it?
It's way too elitist for what I like about
autocrossing.

As for another a grand opportunity to watch others
play... Huh? Is this like those naughty movies where
you pay to watch rather than do?
I just don't get it. Never have.

Of course this attitude can get you kicked off the
"open committee" and run out of the Klub so beware.
8-)

=====
Dennis Hale