Gear to MPH Spreadsheet

To: "Bay Area Autox List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gear to MPH Spreadsheet
From: Dan Bratten <dbratten@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 23:20:21 -0700
I sent this to the CP list and thought some of you could also use it.

I needed to compute my own final gear ratio and speeds in each gear
which led me to a create a spreadsheet (a 20k MS Excel file) to
calculate the variables. I thought others could also benefit from its
use. It's available to download at:

http://24.240.24.18/CP/GearMPH.xls

It will work for any diameter tire, any gear ratio, 1-6sp tranny, and
up to 10k RPM. You can also set your shrift range (caution) and
redline RPM.

--Dan
--
Dan L. Bratten