Re: Vehicle eligibility...

To: "Jason H. Liao" <jhliao@qpt.com>
Subject: Re: Vehicle eligibility...
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:22:01 -0700
If it were 1975 it would probably correlate with crippling the
engine to meet the emmissions requirements that were mandated in
. . .was it 1973? Something like that, I'm not sure. Have you
ever seen one of those early-mid 70s engines? The first thing
that stuck me was this gigantic, inscrutable spaghetti mound of
vacuum lines, some hooking into various places of the engine,
some going into strange plastic boxes, others going into some
mysterious place deep within the dark recesses of the engine
cavity. It took the manufacturers a number of years to come up
with good solutions to that problem.