Re: Looking for info: Lotus Elise

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>,
Subject: Re: Looking for info: Lotus Elise
From: Craig Boyle <craig_boyle@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:33:03 -0700 (PDT)
Well they keep talking about importing it, a problem
seems to be getting a very light car to pass safety
tests.

The best hope seemed to be the "Opelized" version of
the Elise.

If Proton ever started to sell in the US, the Elise
might make a good flagship.

The other thing is price, at > $30k, I wonder how many
people would actually buy one? But then Lotus isn't
exactly selling a lot of geriatric Esprit's, so you'd
think they would want something to get some dealer
traffic.

Elise's are pretty commonplace on UK streets nowadays.
But then so are Lotus 7's (and their derivatives). And
TVR's.

Craig
(the first car I owned was a also a Lotus, Matchbox
edition)