Tire Question

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire Question
From: Elmoizme@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 00:43:28 EDT
I have a question regarding R compound tires and Rookie Classes. According to
the SFR web page, rookies running in Stock and Street Prepared classes can
only run with street tires with treadwear rating of 120 or more. It also says
"The Steering Committee has voted to allow Rookie Modified and Prepared Class
cars to run any tire legal in their open class."

Since I couldn't find any other information regarding tires and rookies, I
guess I'll ask here. This is regarding Street Touring Rookie and Street
Modified Rookie. Are R compound tires allowed in these rookie classes? Thanks.

Elton
SM-R#68