Re: Group (Un)Think

To: Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com
Subject: Re: Group (Un)Think
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 22:53:51 -0700
In message <LNBBIPCHGANGCLIKCLLAKEGJHJAA.Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>,
"Kevin Stevens" writes:
>1. Feel the cool air conditioning waft across brow while inspecting intrance
>to corner
>2. Curl (left) foot around textured aluminum brake pedal
>3 - 5.  Listen to (speed sensitive) stereo
>6. Quickly brake to threshold, inside wheels cycling ABS just a tad
>7. Adjust inflatable side bolster on seat
>8 - 9. Turn balanced magnesium-rim wheel to actuate Magna-Steer pickup
>10. Feel stock locking belt hold firmly in place under 1.2+G (as indicated by
>onboard GEEZ! system) cornering
>11 - 12.  Request more acceleration via fly-by-wire accelerator pedal
>13 - 17. Observe corner exit speed in HUD.  Upshift when shift light in HUD
>advises.
>18. Sip glass of chablis from built-in cupholder.
You ARE talking about a Corvette, right?  Isn't that supposed to be
"slurp Bud from the long-neck bottle"?

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net

Yet another Miata owner who has whined about his lame-ass oil-pressure
gauge, only to have Kevin Stevens demo the digital display on the dash
of the 'Vette with the oil-pressure, water temperature, etc.  All that,
and power-on oversteer.  I'm totally jealous.  What a fun car.