RE: AutoShow in Motion.

To: "'avillasol'" <avillasol@primo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: AutoShow in Motion.
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 11:35:06 -0700
Hey Arie,

This is the AutoShow in Motion, right?  I went to this thing at Great
America many moons ago.  Basically, they have several courses set up with
cones, but I wouldn't exactly call them autox courses because they were so
incredibly narrow.  So there are several areas, one for each type of car:
midsize, SUV, sports cars, econoboxes, etc.  For each specific car there is
a separate line that you must wait in.

Expect the Corvette line to be about 3-4 times as long as any other line.
My only advice is that if you want to drive the Corvette, get in line and
stick with it no matter what they tell you.  The guy managing the line said
it was 1.5 hours long from the point where this guy is standing.  That was
BS, because when the guy got within 5 people of driving, he was still
quoting 1 hour.  Hopefully they read my customer feedback card and fired him
already, because I didn't think it was too cool to invite your potential
customers to event and then stare them in the face and lie.

Count the number of C5s they bring.  At PGA, they had 1copy of most cars but
5 Corvettes.  If you have any spare time, try the GM (Saturn) EV1.  They
brought these to my company last year and they were very interesting to
drive.  Tons of torque, one gear, skinny tires, FWD but 50/50 weight
distribution.  It's different...
Other thing is, if you'd like to drive more cars, get there earlier than
your alloted time.  In the end, I only got to drive the C5 once, and didn't
drive anything else.  They had nice food though.  Have fun!

Peter Thana
'99 Z3 Coupe 2.8