Accelerometer and PalmPilot

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Accelerometer and PalmPilot
From: Vitaly Iourtchenko <vitaly@nuance.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2000 13:56:33 -0700
After nursing the idea for almost a year, this finally looks like a
summer project to me...

http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~harbaum/pilot/adxl202.html

Analog Devices was kind enough to send me two XY-axis
accelerometers. I'm thinking of recording acceleration during
the run, and then having the ability to check for lateral/breaking
Gs, plotting a course based on acceleration data, replaying runs,
checking for Gs in a particular corner, etc. Should be more accurate
than the G-tech, and much cheaper than Geez.

Any other Palm owners interested? It seems like the difficult part
will be making the PCB that plugs into the Palm's cradle connector.

Vitaly