Re: radar detector recommendations - possible evidence for dismissal

To: jeremybb@stanford.edu, miata@realbig.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: radar detector recommendations - possible evidence for dismissal
From: Nandaholz@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:50:12 EST
I drove a different route today, exiting off 237 onto Lawrence Expressway
south and see a 50 mph limit sign on a road that has one less lane, which has
more turns, and far less visibility than Great America Parkway where I was
caught doing 55 in a 40. I will look into the road speed surveys for
Lawrence, G.A.P. and Lafayette, all streets that are parallel to each other
and see what comes up. On my way to work today I traveled down Arques Ave.
which is only 2 lanes in a business sector, which also had a 40 mph limit
sign. How can this be? G.A.P. = 3-4 lanes wide @ 40mph, relatively straight
with good visibility, Lawrence Expressway = 3 lanes wide @ 50mph, more curves
than G.A.P. with worse visibility, and Arques = 2 lanes wide @ 40 mph, worst
visibility, and curves???? Even more perplexed now, after trying to apply
logic to these speed limits.

~Nanda Holz and UFO
Blackn'tan 92' Special Edition 124k smiles
Walnut Creek, CA
CSP-r #836
Team M Road, Dealer Alt, Roebuck, Serious Auto, Racing Beat, Brainstorm,
HardDog, RedLine Synthetics, YaLearnMoreOnStreetTires, soon to be Valentine 1
Clubs - MCA, BAMA, VROOM, SCCA
...work like you don't need the $...dance like nobody is watchin...and make
luv like there is no tomorrow...oh yeah, and drive like your arse is on fire
;)
"If you can't drive 90hp fast, 900 ain't gonna help either."  Bob Hall