re: Colored Tire Smoke? That's Awesome!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Colored Tire Smoke? That's Awesome!
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 23:38:59 -0400 (EDT)
"adam popp" <raft321@fuse.net> wrote...
> I was not there, so I did not witness this in person, but the Heller's
> z06 had new Kumho Tires that put out red tire smoke when Eric Heller
> burned out from a spin out I guess or he was just showing it off after
> the event. I hope every racing tire will have that feature in the
> future.  That is just too awesome. Here's the link to the pics if you
> weren't there to see it like I wasn't. The Heller's red tire smoke pics
> are at the bottom of this page...

   He was just showing off after the event.  Those aren't even race tires,
they are just demonstration tires.  He did a handful of doughnuts after
the event, and sent a huge cloud of red smoke drifting across an active
ANG runway ( although admittedly, I didn't see a plane take-off or land
all weekend, so the ANG must have been off for the holiday ).

   No one I talked to thought it was cool.  No one over the age of 12,
anyway.  If anyone pulled a stunt like that at any local event, they'd be
kicked out, and if they ever showed up again, we'd probably call the
police.

   YMMV.

--
 David Hillman