Re: Way to finance our Solo2.....

To: "Mike King" <mapcomaps@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Way to finance our Solo2.....
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchelltx@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:39:33 -0600
Mike King wrote:

> With all the talk of cutbacks in SCCA Solo2 and making it live on its own
> for it to be a viable part of the SCCA/Johnson strategy,

Would you please share with us who has been talking about such cutbacks, and
what they've been saying? That's a good-faith request, BTW, not a challenge.

> It is my understanding, and someone correct me if I have bad information
> from more than one informed person, but the Solo program sees very little or
> none of the proceeds of our rulebook.

I know the Regions make a profit (25-35%, IIRC) on the sale of rulebooks. How
that portion of the proceeds is used is a matter of Regional discretion. Beyond
that, I have no idea how profit from the sale of rulebooks is used.

Jay