Re: Barrett-Jackson, 2025

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Barrett-Jackson, 2025
From: SOLOMIATA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 00:40:08 EST
Think of the cars people lusted after when they  were in high school and they
are now at the age where they are having a mid-life  crisis.  Also pick cars
that were the "high water mark" for power,  performance and styling for their
period.

2005 = 1969-1973
2015  = 1979-1983
2025 = 1989-1993

For people in their early 50's now with  lots of expendable income that would
be the late 60's/early 70's muscle  cars.  For people 10 years from now the
selection is getting slimmer but  the 77-78 Bandit Trans-am with the Pontiac
400, GNX, or the Hurst Old with the  307 and 3 lever shifter might be worth
something.  People buying 20 years  from now went to high school from 89-93 so
they will be looking for the Mustang  Cobra, Typhoon, E30 M3, Eclipse AWD, RX-7
TT and the  CRX.

.02
Randy

>>Hey Lorenzo-
I'm guessing that if  we were to squirrel away a Pontiac Aztec until 2025, it
just might bring big  bucks...  And even if it didn't, at least nobody would
have to look at the  damn thing for two decades!!!

Seriously, folks, I'm thinking some of the  hybrid drivetrain cars on the
market today might be valuable in 20 years, when  guys look at 'em and say,
"Wow,
what an antique!  Can you believe they  drove these things, with no hydrogen
fusion power, or even autopilot?"