Re: Thoughts on Nationals at Heartland Park

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, Teamdotnet
Subject: Re: Thoughts on Nationals at Heartland Park
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:57:29 -0500
Having driven there for tire scrubbing (hi, TC and others) and
gas for the MR-2, I can attest to size. The "south pit" is a good
size for one course. The "north pit" area could be easily
reconfigured for another course (read:  paving). You really need
to pave the entire north pit area for it to be usable. That
leaves no pit space, though. Maybe we'll run an "A" course in the
south pit Tuesday & Wednesday, and a "B" course Thursday &
Friday. A bit of heresy, but would create more continuity for the
event. Not very vacation friendly, though.

http://heartlandparktopeka.com/06runoffs-map.pdf

FWIW, the "South Pit Area" did not exist in early September 2004.

OKAY, THIS PART I'M YELLING to get your attention. I did a second
look at the pdf. Upper left hand side has our Nationals site.
Maybe we can rent space for paddock at the Heartland park
Technical Center (okay, it's an industrial park, no covered
pits). :^(

I guess I should have bought land here when we moved from Salina
in 1995.  :^)

So the south pits still looks like a nice site (three courses,
not two!!!).

Matt Murray