RE: [evolution-disc.] Making laser reflectors...

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Making laser reflectors...
From: "Woody Rogers" <Woody@tirerack.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:23:00 -0500
I believe higher is better, as you would expect. Don't forget to
consider the worst case scenario your gear will see - rain + wind (small
droplets that refract the laser light, but aren't large enough to form
drops and roll off the lens), long distances between target and laser,
etc.

With the sprinkler system we use to wet the track, on a windy day we
find we get a lot of mist in the air that settles on the laser and
reflectors, which definitely effects the strength of the signal.

The reflectors we are using are rated at 1.5, with a Banner Engineering
Laser emitter (different than JAC), and these work great in all but the
worst of conditions.

-Woody
13 CS Miata