Re: U/B in ST

Subject: Re: U/B in ST
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 14:16:23 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Josh Sirota wrote:
> > I'd say "Streetable SP" and "bolt on stock" are two ways of saying the
> > same thing, depending on who you talk to...  Afterall, UD/BD is a bolt on
> > process, or its not legal.  :-)
>
> I see this sort of assertion made every once in a while, but, frankly folks,
> it's not in the book (read it!)
>
> It just says that parts may be interchanged.

No, it says:

(15.1.C):
"Equipment and/or specifications may be exchanged between different
years and models of a vehicle if (a) the item is standard on the
year/model from which it was taken, and (b) the years/models are
listed on the same line of Appendix A (Street Prepared Classes).
The updated/backdated part or the part to which it is to be attached
may not be altered, modified, machined or otherwise
changed to facilitate the updating/backdating allowance."

etc.

The argument is that welding "alters" both the part and the part to which
it attaches.

Personally I think thats a bit silly, but there you are.

Mark