RE: Data Acquisition

To: "'Bob Monday'" <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Data Acquisition
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 13:18:46 -0600
<<
The PRI (Performance Racing Industry) magazine had a several-page story
about data acquisition. In several places, they pointed out that the
systems were being made more compact, less expensive and required less
sophisiticated equipment to download/analyze for other markets. Solo2
was specifically mentioned several times.

I don't know that it will be as affordable or user-friendly as Geez, but
I haven't heard much from Byron/Geez lately anyway... You know what they
say: if you don't keep your customers satisfied, someone else will!

We use the Competition Data System on dad's GT2 car, tracks G's
left/right/fore/aft, gear selection, axel speed, vehicle road speed,
wheel spin, temps, lap times, RPM, brake & throtle & steering wheel
possition, etc... and provides a steering wheel display for the driver
replacing all the guages. The reports after the track session are way
more data than most folks want to digest.

But it's helped the development of the car and is fun to play with.