Re: Prepared protests - wheel base

To: bhaden@ucsd.edu ("Haden, Bruce"), autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Prepared protests - wheel base
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 20:46:22 -0500
In a message dated 2/26/2004 6:18:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, bhaden@ucsd.edu
writes:

> The more I think about it, the more I think this should apply to Street
> Prepared as well. Lets say you think I've bored my motor illegally.
> Then it is up to you to have docs to prove me illegal. If
> you don't have
> the
> docs, then don't waste our time with a protest.

How would I have documentation as to YOUR bore and stroke?  When I protest, I
have to post a teardown bond for all those things to be looked at.  If I'm
wrong, I lose the bond.  That's pretty serious.  Yes, some protests are fishing
expeditions.  The protestor "just knows" something isn't right about a car.  He
shouldn't have to just keep getting his butt kicked until he can prove what's
illegal.  But, if he is willing to put his money where his mouth is, the
protestor should supply a minimum of documentation as to what the car actually
consists of...

Charlie