Tirerack wins again

To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: Tirerack wins again
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:47:38 -0500
This won't be headline worthy news to most of us, but once again the
Tirerack has given me excellent service, great prices and quick delivery.

This past weekend SCCA HQ needed to test some ProSolo T&S gear out so they
held an extremely informal, and free ProSolo event at Forbes with about 15
or so of us Midwest folks attending.  I rounded up the very last of my
Falkens which had any semblance of tread left on them and headed west for
the day of fun in the sun.  (Yeah, right, it never topped 40 degrees and Ol'
Sol was a no-show.)

When I arrived back home that afternoon I had to quickly search around my
garage for any tires with any amount of useable all-season tread on them
because it was supposed to snow the following day.  The past couple of
winters I ran 205/60-14 Dunlop D60s (also purchased from the Tirerack) and
found two of those that had about 50% tread left.  I also found a pair of
80% tread 205/55-15 Goodyear GPS all-seasons that came mounted on a set of
15x7 AR24 wheels which were purchased from another Neon guy earlier that
year for $50, but had previously only been thought of as junk tires to be
dismounted and pitched.  Not now, buddy.  They're going to get used now, at
least for a week or so.

So, I mounted the two 14" tires on the back of the Neon and the two 15"
tires on the front and went inside for the night.  It was now about 1800
hrs, dark and I was quite cold from changing them in the driveway.  I
attempted to get onto the Tirerack website and order some fresh rubber
(195/60-14 Kumho HP4 716s) but KC Road Runner cable modem service was
fritzing-out all evening so I finally gave up.  Sunday, after watching the
KC Chiefs win their 10th game this season (YEAH BA-BEEE!!!!!  WHOOO!!!   10
and 1!!!!) I decided to hop onto the computer and attempt once more to order
some tires for the winter from the Tirerack.  Road Runner was still being
iffy so I had to plug in the ol' modem line and order the tires old-school,
28.8 kps style.  (Man, do we get spoiled with high-speed access.)

I finally finished placing the order about 1900 hrs Sunday evening to be
shipped via FedEx's cheapest service level and they just arrived here at
work about 30 minutes ago on the FedEx truck.  I wasn't actually expecting
them until Friday so this was a pleasant surprise.

WAY TO GO KUMHO AND TIRERACK!!!!!!

Thanks once again.  I will continue to always recommend the Tirerack to
friends and family.

Eric (I now have tread for the winter!) Linnhoff in KC
'98 Dodge Mini-Viper  #69 STS