Re: VR-6 Wheel Fit

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VR-6 Wheel Fit
From: "Paul Andrews" <emosound@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 09:29:04 -0500
38mm should fit just fine.  I was using 15x7" wheels with 35mm offset to
autocross on.  Tires were 225/50-15 Yoko AVSi.  No rubbing, except for the
RR fender lip.  I had coilovers, tho, so with more roll you might have more
issues.  The beam axle can be adjusted slightly by loosening the mounting
points, there is some slack in the holes.
Another wheel-dependent issue I had was with brake clearance.  My 97 had the
larger 288mm front discs, and with new pads, my Borbet Type E wheels rubbed
the caliper.  Inside wheel weights also tend to hit.  Your wheel choice
might be OK.
I think all the A4 chassis cars went to 5x100mm, so finding more wheels
should be easier.
Search http://www.wheelspecs.com/main/index.php
and the VR6 library:
http://www.gti-vr6.net/library/WheelsTires_index.html#Wheels