Carfax-type history for older cars?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Carfax-type history for older cars?
From: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:05:34 -0800
I'm trying to find a place that can research and find the current owner
of a pre-1980 car. Carfax and Auto Check only work with 17-digit VINs
and thus won't work with older cars with different VIN styles (the one
I am looking for is 11 characters). Any suggestions? I checked with the
Washington state DMV and it's not in their database (unfortunately they
purge records of cars that move out of state or are unlicensed for
several years) so I figured I'd try other sources. Odds are the car is
long gone but you never know.

For those that are interested the car is a 1965 Mustang coupe, VIN #:
5R07C220540.

Thanks,

- Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl                                                 email:
alandahl@mac.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                         ICQ: 52688023
http://homepage.mac.com/alandahl