Re: Long term parking between Topeka events

To: Eric Linnhoff <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>,
Subject: Re: Long term parking between Topeka events
From: Mike King <mapcomaps@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 10:51:35 -0400
Actually, I'm probably one of the most law-abiding drivers on the premises.
But, when you come to stop sign at the gate, ready to turn out, look over,
see one of their rent-a-cops sitting over in the registration parking lot,
watching everyone come out, you just have to think that's just a tad bit
ridiculous. The thing is I did see him sitting there, did come to an almost
complete stop, looked both ways, then pulled out, but still wasn't
sufficient enough for the cop that always has something to prove. But I was
glad to offer him up my suggestion of how he should be doing his job and to
leave the rest of the best drivers in the country alone. He seemed
enlightened when I told him if he's got enough time on his hands to be
watching people at the main gate to the parking lot at Forbes, waiting to
hand out tickets for running stop signs, he's got enough time to be driving
around the military base looking for terrorists in black hoods. And for it
to be Sept. 11th, 2002 that he's handing out the tickets made my point all
too clear to him. I agree that they need to keep some order around the area,
but lets not go overkill and pick on the "good drivers." Well, from what I
heard, he got reprimanded by the MTAA and was told not to pick on us, so
hopefully we won't have the same problem this year. We'll see...

MK