FS: CSP/SM2 Miata IRTB

To: autox@autox.team.net, miatapower@miatapower.net
Subject: FS: CSP/SM2 Miata IRTB
From: SOLOMIATA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:21:18 EDT
It was custom made by TriPoint back in 97 for Guy Ankey's championship
winning CSP car (see all the old GRM issues).  I don't run it anymore it was
designed as a race unit (no AIC provisions) for stock cams (1" venturis) and
ultimate
throttle response (plenum in the runners). It also uses a GM TPS for use with
an aftermarket ECU.  Has been sitting on shelf for 3 years.

It worked great when I was in CSP and running stock 94-97 cams but it doesn't
work well with higher flowing aftermarket cams I now run in DP.  The
butterflys are 44mm. For large cams you could get the slide-in delrin venturi's
recut
and shaped for a larger diameter like 32mm?

Comes complete with TPS, original airbox and hood cold-air shrowd. It does
needs a R&R on the throttle shaft as it leaks air and the idle is about 2000
rpm
(any good machine shop can do it). I'll sell cheap for $650  (similar
aftermaket units are $1600-3500) or partial trade for drivetrain parts.  If you
have
access to a machine shop and are will to put some elbow grease into it then it
is a deal. If you want a 1 hr bolt in affair that you can drive to work
everyday too then it is not for you.

pics at <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/solomiata//IRTBprogress2-121299.jpg";>http://members.aol.com/solomiata//IRTBprogress2-121299.jpg</A>
http://members.aol.com/solomiata/IRTB.jpg