Re: Numbers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Numbers
From: Brian Knoblauch <briank@briank.sscorp.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 18:13:32 -0400
On Friday 02 May 2003 12:36 pm, Graeme Weston-Lewis wrote:
> Now back to Chuck.  The rules state (and have stated for as long as I've
> been doing this) "...must be of uniform color...".  How can anyone
> interpret "multicolored weatherproof ink on vinyl" as being in compliance
> with that rule?  If you choose to do something outside the rules, expect it
> to be challenged, whether it be sway-bars, wheels, engine mods - or even
> car markings.

        Was the "don't score it if you can't read it" approach tried?  That
might
result in people are more upset (since they didn't have time to fix it), but
the total number of people who had to change numbers might be smaller?  I
suppose it depends on the event too...  Hmmm.  It'd just be interesting to
know the percentage of complaints for each method :-) :-)

        Another question...  Am I the only one that enters Solo events for fun
anymore?  It seems like we (SCCA at least) are on the trend of trying to make
everything look like a professional event, just for the sake of being
professional.  This seems to lead to less fun and more work...
Agree/disagree?

        Also, it seems we're on a big push with the motto that "bigger is
better".
Everyone wants bigger events, events are being cancelled for "lack of
participation" when more cars show up than would have made up 2 events just a
few years ago.  Seems like we're just becoming a business (which is good for
making things "bigger", but is it better?) and we've lost the "fun" of the
club...  Comments?