Re: [evolution-disc.] ProSolo Bonus Points

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] ProSolo Bonus Points
From: Sam Strano <strano@stranoparts.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:36:17 -0400
At 10:33 AM 4/10/03 -0400, Rick Cone wrote:
> > But there is a single extra point awarded if you win your class by enough
> > that no one else qualifies for the challenge.
>
>Ugg... I don't like this new rule....
>
>While it rewards those that go out and kick ass one weekend...
>
>It penalizes those that run highly geographic competitive classes... East
>coast FS back a few years... GS on the east coast the last few years...

I agree.  I don't like it either.  It gives a bonus to those in weak
classes, and punishes those in areas where classes are deep.  I keep trying
to think of a way to help eliminate that problem (east vs. west coast)
where there is a disparity in the class depth. I can't.  I actually like
the fact that with the gap between 1st and 2nd closer it gives you a chance
in Topeka.  That could get washed away with the bonus points.

I'm betting this has something to do with the Challenge and
sandbaggers....  Give them an extra point, and they won't
sandbag.....  Novel idea, but one that will cause problems with class
championships I think.

MHO.

Sam Strano Jr.
Strano Performance Parts