Off subject response

To: "Scott M. Stone" <sstone@foo3.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Off subject response
From: Craig & Cynthia Naylor <magazine@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 10:59:57 -0800
As a mac & wintel user, each has their place, each has their own
problems.

BUT - please explain just why my windows programs don't run on my MAC so
I can share that information w/ my MAC, since it doesn't seam to
understand its not supposed to work!

I'll admit the MAC  can't run the latest & greatest gaming wintel
software, heck I just bought a racing game, that none of my three Wintel
computers can run without upgrades.  For those w/ laptops or or those
cute little cubes, software is available that will let them run any Win
NT or Win'98 compatible software w/ some limitations.  For those of us
with PCI & SCSI ports there are hardware upgrades for which we can
actually put a PC inside our MAC.

--
Craig Naylor
Naylor & Naylor

P.S. - Sounds like you have an apology to may to an ex - because she was
actually correct, she just might not have known why.

they preach to their own choir, though.  Apple made their Big Mistake
back
in the early 80s.  The *only* way they can recapture a significant
amount
of the PC market is to roll out a reasonably fast machine for under
$1500
that can run programs designed for Windows - specifically, games.  And
it
must run it at least as fast as a comparably priced PC box.  That's the
only thing that will get home users buying macs in large numbers again.
Until then, the Mac will be a computer for:

1.  People heavily into graphic design, video editing, etc.
2.  People who have very casual computer use requirements and do not
play
games
3.  People who want it as a novelty, ie, people who want to port code to

it because they 'can', or people (like me) who think it's cool to see a
UNIX shell on a mac (OS X), or people who want to run Linux on it (good
way to revive an old PPC601/PPC603/PPC604 box actually).
4.  People who don't know better and think that it *can* run Windows and

want it because the case/monitor styling looks cool (my ex-wife was
seriously hot for one before I told her that she couldn't run Windows on

it.  I had to pull up a web browser and *prove* this to her).

I believe the Mac market penetration is about 10%.  It will continue to
be
around that, unless Apple can do what I describe above with the mac.
IMNSHO of course.

Scott M. Stone <sstone@foo3.com>
Cisco Certified Network Associate, Sun Solaris Certified Systems
Administrator