Re: Internet privacy??? was Re: Here's my letter ...

To: "Bruce Wentzel" <greendotracing@netzero.net>,
Subject: Re: Internet privacy??? was Re: Here's my letter ...
From: "Rand E" <rande@mwis.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 12:29:10 -0600
> > We all know the internet is a ruthless place.  Why would/should I spent
> the
> > time researching this?  Scams are the norm in the 'net and I play a
pretty
> > conservative hand when dealing with any entity on the net.  I will not
add
> > information to anything unless I am sure that the data is not going to
> > appear somewhere else on the future
>
> Well Pat, I don't intend this in a negative way, but as was pointed out by
> somebody else regarding last year's discussion of auto insurance, if you
> want your privacy, you need to do the Randy Eickhoff trick, spell your
name
> wrong for all autocross events you run so a web search of your name does
not
> find you. If you haven't put Patrick Washburn in a Google search, maybe
you
> should.

That wasn't my original intent.  They just spelled my name wrong but now I
can find out who they sold my name to.

If you have privacy concerns, you can spell the name incorrectly and/or use
a different email address.

Try either of these options, then in a few weeks/months, put that
information into a Google search and see what comes up.

Randy
rande@mwis.net